Your AC unit is one of the most important pieces of equipment in your home, responsible for keeping you cool and comfortable during the hot summer months. However, like all machines, your AC unit requires regular maintenance to keep it running at its best.
In this guide, we’ll discuss the benefits of AC unit maintenance and share 10 useful maintenance tips to help you keep your AC unit in good shape.
Benefits of AC Unit Maintenance
There are several benefits to performing regular maintenance on your AC unit, including:
1. Increased efficiency – A well-maintained AC unit is more efficient than a unit that is not properly taken care of. This means that you’ll spend less money on energy bills each month.
2. Reduced repair costs – By keeping your AC unit in good condition, you can help reduce the likelihood of costly AC repairs down the road.
3. Longer lifespan – A well-maintained AC unit will last longer than a unit that is not properly taken care of.
4. Improved comfort – A well-maintained AC unit will provide you with cool, comfortable air all summer long.
5. Reduced environmental impact – When you maintain your AC unit properly, you help reduce its negative impact on the environment.
6. Improved indoor air quality – Properly maintained AC units help improve the air quality inside your home.
If you’re not currently performing regular maintenance on your AC unit, we recommend starting today. Below we’ve listed 10 tips that will help you keep your AC unit in good condition.
10 Tips for AC Unit Maintenance
Now that we’ve covered the benefits of AC unit maintenance, let’s take a look at 10 useful tips for keeping your AC unit in good shape:
1. Keep the area around your AC unit clear – Make sure to keep the area around your AC unit clear of any obstructions, such as plants, furniture, or tools. This will help ensure that the unit has adequate airflow and operates at its best.
2. Inspect the filters regularly – The filters inside your AC unit play a crucial role in its operation. Make sure to inspect them regularly and replace them as needed. A dirty filter will reduce the unit’s efficiency and can cause damage.
3. Clean the coils regularly – The coils on your AC unit should be cleaned at least once a year using a coil cleaner or brush. A dirty coil can lead to decreased efficiency and increased energy bills.
4. Check the refrigerant levels – The refrigerant levels in your AC unit should be checked at least once a year. If the levels are too low, the unit will not operate properly.
5. Tighten all screws and bolts – Make sure to tighten all screws and bolts on your AC unit regularly. A loose screw or bolt can cause the unit to malfunction.
6. Inspect the wiring – The wiring on your AC unit should be inspected at least once a year for damage or corrosion. Damaged wiring can lead to fires or other electrical problems.
7. Don’t block the airflow – Make sure to not block the airflow around your AC unit with any obstacles. Blocking the airflow can reduce the unit’s efficiency and cause it to overheat.
8. Keep the area around the unit ventilated – The area around your AC unit should be well-ventilated to help prevent the unit from overheating.
9. Don’t put anything on the top of the unit – Do not put any objects on top of your AC unit, as this can cause damage to the unit or make it difficult to operate.
10. Schedule regular maintenance – The best way to ensure that your AC unit is in good condition is to schedule regular maintenance with a qualified technician. This will help catch any potential problems before they become bigger issues.
Performing regular maintenance on your AC unit is essential for keeping it running at its best. By following the tips in this guide, you can help keep your AC unit in good shape and enjoy cool, comfortable air all summer long.
Wrightway Comfort is here to help you keep your AC unit in good condition. If you have any questions or need assistance with AC services, please call us today at (346) 202-5101.