Heater maintenance isn’t a topic that usually comes to mind until your heater breaks down in the dead of winter. But with a little bit of preventative maintenance, you can avoid having to deal with a heating emergency and keep your home comfortable all winter long. Here are some tips for the best heater maintenance in Magnolia, TX.
1. Change your furnace filter regularly. A dirty filter can impede airflow and cause your heater to work harder than necessary, which can lead to decreased efficiency and increased energy costs. Filters should be changed at least every three months, or more often if they become clogged.
2. Inspect the heating ducts for leaks and air infiltration. Leaky ducts can cause your heater to work harder than necessary and lead to higher energy bills. If you find any leaks, have them fixed by a professional. Heater service in Houston, TX can help you keep your home comfortable all winter long.
3. Keep the area around your furnace clear. Make sure there’s plenty of clearance around the furnace so that air can circulate freely. Don’t put furniture or other objects in front of the furnace, and don’t block the vents.
4. Check the thermostat to ensure it’s working properly. If the thermostat is set too low, your heater will run constantly and you’ll see an increase in your energy bill. Conversely, if the thermostat is set too high, your heater will cycle on and off frequently and you’ll also see an increase in your energy bill.
5. Have your heater serviced regularly by a professional. A yearly tune-up or heater service in Cypress, TX can help keep your heater running efficiently and can help you avoid costly repairs down the road.
Heater maintenance isn’t difficult, but it’s important to do it regularly to keep your home comfortable all winter long. Follow these tips and you’ll be able to avoid heating emergencies and save money.
Wrightway Comfort is the best Heater Service in Houston, TX. For more information, visit our website or call us at (346) 202-5101.