Are you considering installing your furnace? While DIY projects can be rewarding, there are a few things to keep in mind before taking on this particular project. In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the most common problems people encounter when trying to install their furnaces, and we’ll provide some tips for avoiding them. Read on to learn more!
1. Incorrect sizing: One of the most common problems with DIY furnace installation in Tomball, TX is incorrect sizing. Make sure you know the square footage of your home and choose a furnace that is appropriately sized.
2. Not following manufacturer’s instructions: Another common mistake is not following the manufacturer’s installation instructions. Make sure you read and understand the instructions before beginning the project.
3. Not securing the furnace: It’s important to secure your furnace in place so that it doesn’t move or shift during operation. This can be done with bolts or straps, depending on the type of furnace you have.
4. Not testing the furnace: Once your furnace is installed, it’s important to test it to make sure it’s working properly. Turn on the power and set the thermostat to the desired temperature. If everything is functioning correctly, you may notice warm air coming from the vents within a few minutes.
5. Not having a professional inspect the installation: Even if you think you’ve done everything correctly, it’s always a good idea to have a professional inspect your work. This will ensure that everything is safe and up to code. Nowadays, furnace installation cost in Magnolia, TX is more affordable than ever, so there’s no excuse not to have a professional take a look.
By following these tips, you can avoid some of the most common problems associated with DIY furnace installation. If you’re still not sure whether or not you should tackle this project on your own, we encourage you to reach the Wrightway Comfort team. We provide furnace/heating installation and heating repair in Cypress, TX, and surrounding areas. Contact Wrightway Comfort today at 346-202-5101 to schedule an appointment.